USAID is the lead U.S. Government agency that works to end extreme global poverty and enable resilient, democratic societies to realize their potential.
USAID finds itself at a unique moment of opportunity. A powerful consensus has formed at the highest levels of the US government that development is vital to the shared interests of an interconnected world. The scale and complexity of the challenges we face are daunting—a billion people live in hunger and the threats posed by climate change are growing–but the tools, resources and capacity to solve these big problems have never been greater. Our success lies in the hands of the talented, dedicated men and women who serve at USAID. Their stories of success, failure, and mid-course corrections to help the world’s poor will be the focus of IMPACTblog.
The U.S. Agency for International Development provides external links solely for our readers’ information and convenience. When readers select a link to an external website, they are leaving the usaid.gov site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external website.
The U.S. Agency for International Development:
- Does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- Does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites or the views they express or the products/services they offer
- Cannot and does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website. NOTE: usaid.gov uses many copyrighted photos so users must check captions/ALT tags to determine source of photos. Only USAID photos are in the public domain.
- Is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- Does not guarantee that external websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
Blog Comment Policy
This is a moderated blog. That means all comments will be reviewed before posting. In addition, we expect that participants will treat each other, as well as our Agency and our employees, with respect. We will not post comments that contain vulgar or abusive language; personal attacks of any kind; or offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups. We will not post comments that are spam, are clearly “off topic” or that promote services or products. Comments that make unsupported accusations will also not be posted.
Any references to commercial entities, products, services, or other nongovernmental organizations or individuals that remain on the site are provided solely for the information of individuals using this blog. These references are not intended to reflect the opinion of U.S. Agency for International Development, the United States, or its officers or employees concerning the significance, priority, or importance to be given the referenced entity, product, service, or organization. Such references are not an official or personal endorsement of any product, person, or service, and may not be quoted or reproduced for the purpose of stating or implying U.S. Agency for International Development endorsement or approval of any product, person, or service.
- Only comments that comply with this blog use policy will be approved for posting.
- The use of vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language is prohibited.
- Blog public comments should be limited to comments related to the posted topic. The blog is not the proper place to express opinions or beliefs not directly related to that topic.
- The blog is not open to comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office or promoting or opposing any ballot proposition.
- The blog is not open to the promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- Communications made through the blog’s e-mail and messaging system will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the U.S. Agency for International Development or any official or employee of the U.S. Agency for International Development for any purpose.
- This blog use policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose as a limited forum.