During his trip to Africa, President Barack Obama, along with USAID Administrator Rajiv Shah, highlighted the Government of Senegal’s commitment to ensuring prosperity and trade through the New Alliance for Food Security and Nutrition. President Obama joined Administrator Shah to tour the Feed the Future Agricultural Technology Marketplace, a gathering of several West African private sector entities, NGO partners, and farmers demonstrating how key research and innovation can help improve the lives of smallholder farmers. Each booth at the marketplace highlighted how agricultural research and innovation helps West African farmers to increase incomes and nutrition for their families. Photo is from Pete Souza/White House.
- Video of the Week: President Obama Speak on Food Security
- Feed the Future 2013 Progress Report
- White House Fact Sheet on global food security and nutrition
- Impact Blog: Food Security Takes Center Stage during President’s Last Day in Senegal
- Impact Blog: Video of the Week: President Obama Speaks on Food Security
Follow @usaid and @usaidafrica on Twitter and learn about our global development work using #USAIDAfrica!