Medair unloaded construction materials for 800 transitional shelters — a fraction of the total they plan to build — in Jacmel, south of Port-au-Prince. Medair is planning to build 4,500 t-shelters in the Jacmel area, benefiting 27,000 people. Read a dispatch from Emma Le Beau, Field Communications Officer for Medair Haiti, about the excitement that this delivery brought to Jacmel and the direct impact of our work on the lives of Haitians affected by the earthquake.
USAID Photos on Flickr
- GorenaProlli on 10 Ways the U.S. Government is Fighting Global Climate Change (that you’ve never heard about)
- Gunjan Silwal on NASA Earth Data Jumpstarts World’s Aspiring Researchers
- dennis on 10 Ways the U.S. Government is Fighting Global Climate Change (that you’ve never heard about)
- val obioha on Improving Agriculture to Help Lift Nigerian Families Out of Poverty
- eusebio manuel vestias pecurto on Ending Extreme Poverty with a New Model of Development
Tag Cloud16 Days Afghanistan Africa Agriculture AIDS Child survival Climate Change Democracy Development Disaster Assistance Education Ethiopia Extreme Poverty Family planning Feed the Future Food Security GH Matters Global Health Haiti Health HIV HIV/AIDS Horn of Africa Human Rights Hunger India Innovation In the News Kenya Malaria Maternal Health MDGs Nutrition Pakistan Partnerships PEPFAR Poverty President Obama Rajiv Shah Sudan Technology UNGA Water Women Youth